NIAGARA REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE
In September of 2020, detectives from the St. Catharines Street Crime Unit of the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) began an investigation into the illegal sale of suspected crystal methamphetamine from a St. Catharines residence.
During the course of the investigation, detectives identified a male suspect.
On Thursday Sept. 17, 2020, detectives arrested the man as he attempted to flee from a vehicle, in the area of Western Hill.
Subsequently, detectives executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant, in the area of Western Hill, in the City of St. Catharines.
As a result, detectives seized 15.4 grams of crystal methamphetamine, $2985 in proceeds of crime, dagger SAP6 shotgun, 26 shells, two magazines with seven shell capacity. The estimated street value of the seized drugs is $2300.
Jamie Drake (30 years old), of St. Catharines, has been arrested and charged with the alleged following offences of:
- Fail to comply with release order contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code (two counts)
- Operation while prohibited contrary to section 320.18 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a schedule I substance, to wit: crystal methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of proceeds obtained by crime under $5000 contrary to section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with probation order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm other than a restricted of prohibited firearm contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
- Careless storage of a firearm, weapon or ammunition contrary to section 86(1) of the Criminal Code (2 counts)
Drake was held in custody pending a bail hearing expected to take place on Sept. 18, 2020 at the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse, located at 59 Church Street, in the City of St. Catharines.
Anyone with information, is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police at 905-688-4111 ext.4322.