NIAGARA REGIONAL POLICE SERVICE
In an effort to bring further attention and deterrence to driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs, the Niagara Regional Police Service will be reporting the names of those people who are charged with an alleged criminal impaired driving offence in the region.
In addition to being charged, these individuals are also bound by a Ministry of Transportation 90-day administrative driver's licence suspension and are prohibited from operating a motor vehicle on a roadway. The public is encouraged to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service Traffic Safety Hotline or Crime Stoppers to report those who are driving in contravention of the suspension.
The following individuals have been charged criminally with impaired driving by alcohol or drugs, driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 80 mgs or above of alcohol in 100 ml of blood, or refusing to provide a breath / blood sample.
- Christopher Bennett 35 years, Thorold
- Liana E. Prescot 46 years, Niagara Falls
- Jacob M. Bauer 28 years, Niagara Falls
- Jeffery R. Clauson 38 years, no fixed abode
- Nicholas W. Johnstone 43 years, Niagara Falls
- Darin W. Kasper 53 years, Fort Erie
- Oskar S. Mayen 29 years, St. Catharines
- Eric C. Millette 32 years, St. Catharines
- William J. Hunter 29 years, Thorold
- Saied S. M. Swalee 30 years, Welland
- Mario A. Figueroa-Molina 54 years, Amherst NY
- Robert S. Matkowski 39 years, Port Colborne
- William A. Stuart 50 years, Niagara Falls
- Gabriell E. Shucraft 19 years, North Tonawanda NY
- Kevin E. Baxter 42 years, St. Catharines
- Joshua R. Moore 28 years, Cambridge
- Ryan Valleriani 38 years, Welland
- Rebekah A. McCormick 24 years, West Lafayette IN
The Niagara Regional Police Service is committed to reducing impaired driving offences through education and the apprehension of offenders through enforcement programs like R.I.D.E. Impaired driving is still the leading cause of criminal deaths in Canada and destroys thousands of lives every year.